If you experience troubles with the downloaded attendee list, please check the following solutions:
The file cannot be opened (a blank screen is displayed)
If you cannot open the downloaded list of attendees in Excel, please check the following points:
There is a [ " ] included in the file name
If the file name of the downloaded list of attendees contains a [ " ] the file can not be opened in Excel by double-clicking on the file name. In this case, no error message will be displayed.
Please remove the [ " ] from the file name and try again to open the attendee list.
The file name exceeds the maximum number of characters (Mac)
If you use the Mac OS standard HFS (`hierarchical file system`), the number of characters in a file name is limited to 31. In case your file name exceeds the 31 characters, please shorten the file name.
The data in the file is not shown correctly (the data incorrectly shows dates)
If the information in the downloaded CSV file contains a hyphen (-), Excel will automatically change that field to a date format. For example, if the attendee entered "2-5", it will change to "2 May". In that case, please refer to the following steps to correctly display the data.
(* the steps can differ depending on your version of Excel)
1. Open Microsoft Excel, and click "Text file" from the Data tab.
2. The Text file import screen will be displayed. Please choose the relevant file from your downloaded folder, select "Text file" and click "Import".
3. The Text file Wizard will be displayed. From Original data type format, please select:
"Delimited - Characters such as commas or tabs separate each field" and click Next.
4. In the next screen, please select "Tab" as delimiter, and click Next.
5. In the data preview screen you can select each data column and set the Data Format.
Please select all columns (you can select all columns by holding the Shift-key on your keyboard and selecting first the first column and next the last column from the preview), and set the column data format to "Text".
6. Please click "Finish" to exit the wizard, and your file will be opened correctly.