* Peatix Live is currently a limited service and is only available to organizers hosting paid events. Organizers need to apply in advance to use the service. For more information, please visit the Peatix Live service overview page.
To livestream an event on Peatix Live, please create a Peatix account and then create and publish a Peatix Live event page. For more details, check this help page: How to create a Peatix Live event.
What equipment you need when going live on Peatix Live depends on the content of your stream. If you are planning on streaming a talk show with several speakers, here is the list of what you need at a bare minimum:
- Video camera (e.g., camcorder such as Sony Handycam, webcam or DSLR camera)
- Video capture device (such as ones sold by AVerMedia)
- PC (can be either Windows or Mac)
- Streaming software (e.g., OBS Studio, StreamYard)
- HDMI and USB cables
- Internet connection
If you are planning to host a Peatix Live event involving music, you may choose to invest in a good-quality microphone. If your event is going to be a talk show, you may also want to consider using a light stand or LED ring to brighten up a speaker’s face.