*Peatix Live is currently a limited service and is only available to organizers hosting paid events in Japan, Singapore, and Malaysia. If you cannot find "Peatix Live" as a streaming method option on your event creation > online setting page, please click here and contact us.
The replay for an event will automatically be processed after the end of the live broadcast. By enabling the event replay function, you can make the replay available to attendees (i.e., attendees will be able to watch the replay on the Watch Stream page).
* You cannot download the archived recordings of events.
* It is not possible for you to upload the data you have recorded on your own onto Peatix and broadcast it.
If you have disabled the event replay function for your event, attendees will not be able to watch the replay. An archived recording of the event, however, will be stored regardless of the event replay setting that you have chosen. For details, check this help page: Will an archived recording of a Peatix Live event be available?
The event replay period is up to 7 days from the event's end date and time.
Please note that tickets for an event can be sold up to 24 hours after the end of the event. Please keep this in mind when using the event replay function.
How to view replay on Broadcast page
Once the replay becomes available, the “Status” under the stream monitor on the Peatix Live Broadcast page changes to “Streaming replay” and the Play button (a triangle icon ▶) will show up at the center of the monitor. To view the replay, click on this icon.
While watching the replay, you will see the word “Replay” displayed in the lower left corner of the stream monitor.
* After the end of the live broadcast, attendees will be able to view the replay on the Watch Stream page by clicking the Play button (a triangle icon ▶) at the center of the Peatix Live player. The event replay period will also be indicated on the Watch Stream page.
How to disable event replays during the event replay period
The event replay period is up to 7 days from the event's end date and time, but organizers can choose to disable event replays anytime during that period.
Disabling event replays, however, may interrupt playback for attendees currently watching the stream (i.e., it may appear to attendees that playback has stopped abruptly). Please note that attendees will no longer be able to view the replay of this event.
1. Access the Peatix Live Broadcast page.
2. Click “Change” under “Event replays” located below the stream monitor.
3. The Online Event Settings page opens.
Locate “Live event settings” and click to remove the check mark in the box for “Enable event replays”.
4. A pop-up screen that says “Disable event replays?” will appear.
5. Select “Disable replays” and click “Save” at the bottom of the Online Event Settings page.
The Peatix Live player on the Watch Stream page will display the message “The event has ended.”, and attendees will no longer be able to view the replay of this event.
The replay will continue to be accessible to organizers (and co-organizers) on the Broadcast page until the end of the event replay period.
The “Replay access” under the stream monitor, however, will now say “Organizers and co-organizers only”, indicating that attendees are no longer capable of watching the replay.