* Peatix Live is currently a limited service and is only available to organizers hosting paid events. Organizers need to apply in advance to use the service. For more information, please visit the Peatix Live service overview page.
Before livestreaming an event on Peatix Live, check that your PC and internet connection meet the following criteria:
- Windows 10 or higher
- macOS Catalina (version 10.15) or higher
*We recommend that you update the operating system to the latest release.
- At least 8GB of RAM
- Processor capable of encoding h.264 in real-time
*We recommend a machine released in the last 5 years.
Download the latest version of your broadcasting software choice. Here are the links to the official websites of two major streaming software:
Make sure to check that the upload speed of your internet connection meets the required speed for streaming. For Peatix Live, the upload bandwidth should at least be 16Mbps, though we would recommend 25Mbps or faster.
Internet connection speeds may decrease due to congestion depending on days of the week, times of the day, and in areas with high user volumes.
To determine your internet speed, you can run a speed test here.
*The test immediately starts upon accessing the page, but the speed being measured is the download speed. To check the upload speed, check the number measured after the download speed.
Depending on the delivery environment (Internet connection speed) and viewing environment (device specifications and use of Bluetooth devices), the following problems may occur
- Video stops.
- Video resolution drops.
- Sound is out of sync.
- Sound skips.
If you encounter any issues while streaming (distribution), please try the following
- If you are using shared Wi-Fi, turn off the Wi-Fi of other devices.
- If a wired connection is available, use a wired LAN.
- Close all applications except the streaming software and the viewing browser.
- Close all tabs except for the viewing browser.
- Clear the browser's cache(history) and cookies.
- Reload (refresh) the streaming software and the browser.
- Log out and restart the device.
- Try using a different browser or device.