*Peatix Live is currently a limited service and is only available to organizers hosting paid events in Japan, Singapore, and Malaysia. If you cannot find "Peatix Live" as a streaming method option on your event creation > online setting page, please click here and contact us.
"Live chat" is a feature on Peatix Live that enables organizers and attendees to interact during a livestream. The messages you sent will be shown on the live chat screen, and event attendees will be able to see and respond to them. You will also be able to read and reply to messages sent by attendees.
- How to enable live chat
- How to join a live chat
- How to change the settings for live chat after a livestream has started
- How to send messages
- How to send emojis
- How to delete messages
- What to do if you want to block an attendee
- What to do if you want to unblock an attendee
- What to do if you are logged out of a live chat
How to enable live chat
You may enable live chat on the Online page that shows up when creating a Peatix Live event. Under the Live event settings, check the box for “Enable live chat” (the box is checked by default).
How to join a live chat
The live chat feature is only available on the desktop browser.
1. To join a live chat, access the event’s Broadcast page.
2. Click on the “Join live chat” button displayed to the right of the stream monitor.
Live chat will be available from 30 minutes before the event's start time up to 1 hour after the event's end time.
You can select whether to show or hide the live chat screen by clicking on "Show" or "Hide" in the upper right corner of the chatbox.
How to change the settings for live chat after a livestream has started
You may turn on/off the live chat function after a livestream begins.
1. Access the event’s Edit page.
2. Under the Online Event Settings, click the Edit Settings button.
3. Under the Live event settings, check/uncheck the box for “Enable live chat”.
4. If you have enabled the live chat, check that the live chat screen has now been added to the top right corner of the Broadcast page. Attendees need to refresh (reload) the Watch Stream page to have the live chat screen appear on the page. Use the message function to tell the attendees to refresh the page.
How to send messages
1. Click "Type a message…" and enter a message.
2. Click on the Send icon at the lower right corner of the live chat screen.
* Please note that a maximum of 250 characters can be sent per message.
* URLs can only be posted by the event organizer.
* Your profile picture and account nickname will be displayed next to your message.
* Messages will be displayed in chronological order, with the newest message shown at the bottom of the live chat screen. When not at the bottom of the chatbox, a "New message" indicator will be shown. Clicking on this indicator will display the latest message.
How to send emojis
In addition to the regular text, you may also send emojis on live chat.
1. To send emojis, please click on the emoji icon found at the lower right corner of the chatbox.
2. The emoji picker screen opens, so select the desired emoji and click on it to type it into the "Type a message" field.
3. If you are finished entering emojis and would like to close the emoji picker screen, click on the keyboard icon.
How to delete messages
You are allowed to delete your own messages as well as those posted by attendees.
1. Move your cursor over to the message you would like to delete. A vertical ellipsis icon (︙) appears. Click on this icon.
2. Click "Delete message".
3. The "Delete this message?" screen will appear. Click "Delete".
4. Once the message is successfully deleted, one of the following messages will appear in its place:
If you deleted your own message: Message deleted
If you deleted a message posted by an attendee: Message deleted by the organizer
What to do if you want to block an attendee
If you do not want to display messages posted by a particular attendee, you can opt to block that user. Blocking can be done by the event organizer and co-organizer only (i.e., an attendee cannot block other attendees).
Blocked attendees can continue to read all the messages posted on the live chat screen, including their own. They can also continue to post messages, but these messages as well as their past messages (i.e., the ones posted prior to becoming blocked) will only be visible to the event organizer.
1. Move your cursor over to the message posted by the attendee who you would like to block. A vertical ellipsis icon (︙) appears. Click on this icon.
2. Click “Block user”.
3. The “Block [account nickname]?” screen will appear. Click “Block”.
4. The phrase “-- Blocked --” will be inserted in front of the blocked attendee’s account nickname. This phrase will not be visible to the blocked attendee on their live chat screen.
What to do if you want to unblock an attendee
1. Move your cursor over to the message posted by the attendee who you have blocked. A vertical ellipsis icon (︙) appears. Click on this icon.
2. Click “Unblock user”.
3. The “Unblock [account nickname]?” screen will appear. Click “Unblock”.
4. The attendee will be unblocked, and the phrase “-- Blocked --” inserted in front of the blocked attendee’s account nickname will be removed.
Upon unblocking the attendee, all of the messages they posted (including the ones posted prior to becoming blocked) will appear on the live chat screen and be visible to other attendees.
What to do if you are logged out of a live chat
After 15 minutes of not scrolling through the live chat screen, you will automatically get disconnected from live chat. To reconnect to live chat, click on the "Rejoin live chat" button.