Deleting an event
If the event is not yet published
Events that are in draft status (i.e., not yet published) can be deleted from the Edit event page.
1. Click on your account name in the upper right corner to access "My Groups / Events".
2. Click the pencil button located under the name of the event you wish to delete.
3. The Edit event page opens. Click "More" in the upper right corner and select "Delete Event".
4. A message will appear. Click "OK".
If the event is already published
Events cannot be deleted after they are published.
- If you do not want a finished event page to be publicly accessible
Please change your event privacy setting to "Password-protected". When your event is password-protected, you will still be able to access the event page with your organizer account, but the event will not be shown on your group page and will not be discoverable on Peatix Search as well as on Google and other search engines. For information on how to change your event privacy setting, please see How can I manage my event privacy setting?
- If you will not be hosting the event
Please cancel the event by following the procedure described on this help page: Can I cancel my event?
Deleting a group
As a general rule, you will not be able to delete your groups. However, if you have created a group by mistake (and only if no event has been hosted yet), please contact us and we will assist to delete the group from the system.
You can opt to edit your group contents, such as the group name, group description, cover image, logo, video, etc., by accessing the group edit page. Check this help page for details: How to edit a group.
If you wish to delete your account, please see Can I delete (cancel) my account? for more information.