* We recommend Google Chrome for the best experience using Peatix. Please see Recommended browser for further details.
When you first create an event on Peatix, you will need to create your group. You can create your events within the group(s).
- What is a group?
- Creating your group
- How to create an event
- 1. Basics
- 2. Tickets
- 3. Details
- 4. Preview, Publish & Tagging
What is a group?
We understand that groups, communities and even fan clubs form organically when people come together for shared experiences at events on Peatix. Interactions within these circles may happen before, or long after, an event. With groups, it is our hope that we can facilitate these interactions more seamlessly. Create your group based on the contents of the events and the attendees.
Creating your group
1．Get started by creating a new Peatix account, or using your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Apple account to log in.
2．Click "Let's begin!" to start creating your group.
If you are asked to verify your account email address, please follow the steps here.
3．The Create a Group page is shown.
On your group page you can:
- add a logo (size: 80 x 80px)
- add a cover image (size: 960 x 240px)
- add a Vimeo or YouTube video
- add a group description (try to be descriptive to encourage people to join your group)
- set a custom URL to your group page (an underscore " _ " , slash " / ", and dot " . " cannot be used in your custom URL)
Click "Create Group!" to create your group.
* Peatix users can become followers of your group from the event page, or when ordering tickets to your event. Followers will receive notification emails when you publish a new event, and your events will be displayed in the recommended event list in the Peatix app.
* It is possible to create multiple groups in your account, and you will be able to host events in each group.
How to create an event
After you have created your group, you can start creating your event.
Start by registering the event name, date and time.
If you are going to hold a physical event, select "Physical event" under "Event Type".
If you have selected "Physical event", you will be prompted to enter a venue name in the "Venue" field. A venue address and map will appear when the venue name is registered correctly.
It is also possible to create an online event on Peatix by selecting "Online event" under "Event Type".
1. Next, create tickets for your event. You can choose "Paid Ticket", "Free Ticket" or "No Ticket".
Enter the ticket name, ticket price (paid tickets only), and the number of available tickets.
* You can create multiple tickets.
* After you have created a ticket, you cannot change the ticket name or price. If you wish to edit the ticket, please delete the already created ticket and create a new ticket. (However, if the tickets have been sold, you will not be able to delete the ticket.)
* If your event doesn't require registration, please select "No Ticket".
2. You can change the order of the tickets by dragging the arrows.
(You can sort up to 31 ticket types)
3. From the Settings button you can check the settings of each ticket.
You can set a ticket sales start date or ticket sales cutoff time for a ticket category (e.g., for creating Early Bird tickets). Please see How to set the ticket sales period for more information.
It is also possible to create discount codes for your tickets.
4. Check Advanced settings of the tickets.
Stop all ticket sales
By default, all ticket tickets sales will stop at starting time of the event. You can change the cutoff if you wish to stop the ticket sales at a different moment.
Please see How to set the ticket sales period for more information.
Ticket purchase limit
By default, the number of tickets (for each ticket type) that can be purchased per order is set to 6 tickets. By changing the maximum number of tickets per order, you can limit or increase the number of tickets that can be purchased per order.
Please contact us in the following cases:
1．If you have multiple ticket categories, and you wish to set a different ticket purchase limit for each ticket category.
2．If you have multiple ticket categories, and you wish to set a ticket purchase limit for the total of tickets that can be purchased per order.
The available payment methods differ from countries. Depending on the country, it is possible to disable some payment methods. It is not possible to edit the payment methods after you have published the event page.
Ticket transfer feature allows ticket buyer to transfer tickets to a friend by themselves. When the setting is unchecked, ticket buyer will not be able to transfer tickets regardless of the amount of tickets ordered. Please see About the transfer feature for more information.
On the Details page, you can upload a cover image and add the description of your event.
To upload your cover image, click "Add cover image" and select the file. The ideal size of the cover image is 920px x 450px (max 5 MB).
If your cover image is bigger than the frame size, you can move the image to adjust its position and click "Done".
The cover image of the event is also shown on Peatix Search, and in event recommendation emails. We recommend to upload an image that fits your event and encourages people to sign up.
In the event description, you can enter the details and description of your event. You can also add images, videos and links in the event description.
How to upload an image: Click "Insert/edit image" and select the file of your image.
You can upload any JPEG, PNG or GIF file.
The maximum size file you can upload and insert is up to 5 MB.
The maximum width of the image is 430 px.
How to upload a video: Click on the "Insert Youtube Video" button and enter the URL of your YouTube video.
How to insert a link: Select the text you wish to change into a link and click on the "Insert/edit link" button. Enter the URL and click Submit.
* You can bold or highlight the text in red.
* It is not possible to use HTML tags in your event description.
With the form feature, you can create a custom questionnaire for your attendees to answer. You can collect information from your attendees such as email addresses, feedback, and even favorite ice cream flavor. For more information on setting up the form, please see How to use a form to collect information from attendees.
Event Privacy Setting
You can set your event as password-protected, unlisted, or public event. Please see How can I manage my event privacy setting?
You can customize your event URL into something meaningful and easy to remember.
* An underscore ( _ ), dot (.), and slash ( / ) cannot be used in your custom URL.
* A customized URL cannot be used twice.
If you choose to show the attendee names and the number of attendees, these will be shown on the event page. The name of the attendee that is displayed is their account name (nickname).
4. Preview, Publish & Tagging
After you have created your event, please click the "Preview & Save" button from the bottom of the page to preview your event page. By clicking "Edit", you can change your event page.
With "Share URL", you can share the preview of the event page. Only people with this URL can access the preview of the event.
When you are done creating your event page, please click "Publish" to publish your event page.
After you have published your event you will be asked to tag search categories to your event. (*Only for events in Singapore, Malaysia and Japan)
First, choose 1 main category for your event. Main categories are designed like genre verticals which allow attendees to search for your event by a broad description. Be sure to choose the category most applicable and relevant to your event so that attendees can easily find what they are looking for!
Once you are done with picking the main category, you can select up to 5 topics for your event. Topics are more specific recommendation tags that help attendees discover other types of similar events they may be interested in.
After you have published and tagged your event, our team will review the event page before the event appears on Peatix Search. If you have published your event and saved the tags, but your event isn't shown in the search results, please check again in a few days.
You can also choose to publish your event page first and tag your event at a later time, but note that your event will not be submitted for review for Peatix Search until it has been tagged.