* Please see Recommended browser for further details.
When you first create an event on Peatix, you will need to create your group. You can create your events within the group(s).
- What is a group?
- Creating your group
- How to create an event
- 1. Basics
- 2. Online
- 3. Tickets
- 4. Details
- 5. Preview, Tag & Publish
What is a group?
We understand that groups, communities and even fan clubs form organically when people come together for shared experiences at events on Peatix. Interactions within these circles may happen before, or long after, an event. With groups, it is our hope that we can facilitate these interactions more seamlessly. Create your group based on the contents of the events and the attendees.
Creating your group
1．Get started by creating a new Peatix account, or using your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Apple account to log in.
* If you already have a group, you can immediately create a new event in the same group.
2．Click "Let's begin!" to start creating your group.
If you are asked to verify your account email address, please follow the steps described on this help page: How can I verify my account email address?
3．The Create a Group page is shown.
On your group page you can:
- add a logo (size: 400 × 400px / format: JPEG, PNG, GIF)
- add a cover image (size: 1440 x 360 / 1280 x 320 / 960 x 240px / format: JPEG, PNG, GIF)
- add a Vimeo or YouTube video
- add a group description (try to be descriptive to encourage people to join your group)
- set a custom URL to your group page (an underscore " _ " , slash " / ", and dot " . " cannot be used in your custom URL)
Click "Create Group!" to create your group.
* It is possible to create multiple groups in your account, and you will be able to host events in each group.
How to create an event
Start by registering the event name, date and time.
To change the country of the event, click the country name under the event start time and select the country from the drop-down menu. The currency of ticket will automatically be set based on the country of the event. Please note that you will not be able to change the country after publishing the event.
If you are going to hold an online event, select "Online event" under "Event Type". This will automatically create the Watch Stream page where you could share the online viewing URL with your attendees. The Watch Stream page can only be accessed by ticket buyers who have ordered tickets for your event, and it cannot be disabled.
The information you will enter on the Online page including streaming URL and event instructions will be shared with your attendees on the Watch Stream page.
For details on how to enter information on the Online page, please see: How to select/set an external streaming platform (e.g., Zoom, YouTube) for an online event.
For information on how attendees can join the online event, please refer to this help page for attendees:
"Peatix Live": Your secured live streaming platform
Peatix Live is a comprehensive and high-quality streaming solution by Peatix for paid online live events.
For more information, please visit Peatix Live.
1. Next, create tickets for your event. You can choose "Paid Ticket", "Free Ticket" or "No Ticket".
Enter the ticket name, ticket price (paid tickets only), and the number of available tickets.
* You can create multiple ticket types.
* You can change the available tickets at any time but not the ticket name or price. If you wish to change the ticket name or price, please delete the already created ticket and create a new ticket. (However, if the tickets have been sold, you will not be able to delete the ticket.)
2. You can change the order of the tickets by dragging the arrows on the left.
(You can sort up to 31 ticket types)
3. You can check the settings of each ticket from the Settings button.
You can set a ticket sales start date or ticket sales cutoff time for a ticket category (e.g., for the creation of Early Bird tickets). Please see How to set the ticket sales period for more information.
It is also possible to create discount codes for your tickets.
4. Check the Advanced settings of the tickets.
Stop all ticket sales
By default, all ticket tickets sales will stop at the starting time of the event. You can change the cutoff if you wish to stop the ticket sales at a different moment.
Please see How to set the ticket sales period for more information.
Max tickets per ticket type
By default, the number of tickets (for each ticket type) that can be purchased per order is set to 6 tickets. By changing the maximum number of tickets per order, you can limit or increase the number of tickets that can be purchased per order.
Please contact us in the following cases:
1．If you have multiple ticket categories, and you wish to set a different ticket purchase limit for each ticket category.
2．If you have multiple ticket categories, and you wish to set a ticket purchase limit for the total of tickets that can be purchased per order.
The available payment methods differ from countries. Depending on the country, it is possible to disable some payment methods. It is not possible to edit the payment methods after you have published the event page.
Ticket transfer feature allows ticket buyer to transfer tickets to a friend by themselves. When the setting is unchecked, ticket buyers will not be able to transfer tickets regardless of the amount of tickets ordered. For more details, check this help page: About the transfer feature.
On the Details page, you can upload a cover image and add the description of your event.
To upload your cover image, click "Add cover image" and select the file.
* The ideal size of the cover image is 920 x 450px.
* Acceptable file formats are JPEG, PNG, and GIF. PDF and TIF cannot be used.
* The maximum upload size is 5MB, including both the cover image and any image inserted in the event description.
If your cover image is bigger than the frame size, you can move the image to adjust its position and click "Done".
The cover image of the event is also shown on Peatix Search and in event recommendation emails. We recommend uploading an image that fits your event and encourages people to sign up.
In the event description, you can enter the details and description of your event. You can also add images, videos and links in the event description.
How to upload an image: Click "Insert/edit image" and select the file of your image.
You can upload any JPEG, PNG or GIF file.
The maximum size file you can upload is 5 MB (for both the cover image and image in the event description).
The maximum width of the image is 430px.
There is no limit to the number of images you can upload.
How to upload a video: Click on the "Insert Youtube Video" button and enter the URL of your YouTube video.
How to insert a link: Select the text you wish to change into a link and click on the "Insert/edit link" button. Enter the URL and click Submit.
* Event Description is required.
* You can bold or highlight the text in red.
* It is not possible to use HTML tags in your event description.
With the form feature, you can create a custom questionnaire for your attendees to answer. You can collect information from your attendees such as email addresses, feedback, and even favorite ice cream flavor. For more information on setting up the form, please see: How to use a form to collect information from attendees.
* All form data will be automatically deleted 30 days after the event has ended.
Event Privacy Setting
You can set your event as password-protected, unlisted or public event. For more details, refer to this help page: How can I manage my event privacy setting?
You can customize your event URL into something meaningful and easy to remember.
* An underscore ( _ ), dot (.), and slash ( / ) cannot be used in your custom URL.
* A customized URL cannot be used twice.
Attendee Display on Event Page
If you choose to show the attendee names and the number of attendees, these will be shown on the event page. The name of the attendee that is displayed is their account name (nickname).
Emergency Contact Number
Please make sure to enter your phone number using only numbers and hyphens. There is no need to enter a country code.
5. Preview, Tag & Publish
After you have created your event, click the "Preview & Save" button at the bottom of the page to preview your event page.
By clicking "Edit", you can change the content of your event page.
If you wish to ask other people involved in hosting the event to check the event page, click "Share URL" to generate a URL. Only people with this URL can access the preview of the event.
Please note that you can only see the information for tickets you have created on the Event Preview page; you will not be able to test the ticket order process. If you wish to test the process or check how the form appears, we recommend that you publish your event as "Password-protected" (for details, please refer to How can I manage my event privacy setting?). You can also test the ticket order process by setting a discount code to a ticket so that it essentially becomes a free ticket.
When you are ready to publish your event page, click "Tag & Publish".
* Please note that you can only tag your event if your event is hosted in Japan, Singapore or Malaysia. If your event is not hosted in these countries, you will not be able to tag your event (the “Publish” button instead of the “Tag & Publish” button will be shown).
For information on how to tag your event, check this help page: How to tag and publish an event.